Ihre Suche ergab 58 Treffer

The Hinkelsturm was originally a fortified tower and part of Darmstadt‘s city walls. Today, the tiny building houses a museum which documents, over three floors, life in Darmstadt‘s former old town (Altstadt). A detailed model of the houses and the very narrow streets (scale of 1:160) shows how c...

Altstadtmuseum Hinkelsturm

geschlossen

64283 Darmstadt, Lindenhof 1

The Hinkelsturm was originally a fortified tower and part of Darmstadt‘s city walls. Today, the tiny building houses a museum which documents, over three floors, life in Darmstadt‘s former old town (Altstadt). A detailed model of the houses and the very narrow streets (scale of 1:160) shows how c...

ArtGallery Landmark Or Historical Building Museum

Albin Müller, director of the last artists‘ colony exhibition in 1914, designed the complex of the

Studio building

64287 Darmstadt, Olbrichweg 10

Albin Müller, director of the last artists‘ colony exhibition in 1914, designed the complex of the "Miethäusergruppe" consisting of eight residential buildings. As a cohesive ensemble of buildings, it was intended to shield the Mathildenhöhe from the brewery buildings to the north-east, which wer...

Landmark Or Historical Building

The Exhibition Hall on Mathildenhöhe, which opened in 1908 together with the Hochzeitsturm, is the venue for outstanding special exhibitions of international contemporary art as well as art and culture around 1900. The tension between contemporary presentations and cultural-historical position...

Exhibition Hall on the Mathildenhöhe

64287 Darmstadt, Olbrichweg

The Exhibition Hall on Mathildenhöhe, which opened in 1908 together with the Hochzeitsturm, is the venue for outstanding special exhibitions of international contemporary art as well as art and culture around 1900. The tension between contemporary presentations and cultural-historical position...

ArtGallery Landmark Or Historical Building Museum

The Centralstation was built in its original form in 1888 as Darmstadt’s first power station. The power station served mainly as a supplier of electricity for the street lamps in the town centre, the royal court and its theatre and, from 1897, also for the city’s trams. The plant was operation...

Centralstation (former power station)

64283 Darmstadt, Im Carree

The Centralstation was built in its original form in 1888 as Darmstadt’s first power station. The power station served mainly as a supplier of electricity for the street lamps in the town centre, the royal court and its theatre and, from 1897, also for the city’s trams. The plant was operation...

Event venue Landmark Or Historical Building

The Darmbach spring is located above the Oberjägermeisterteich - the current version dates from 1937. From there the Darmbach flows through the eastern forest areas of the city, feeds the fish ponds along the Schnampelweg, flows from the Vivarium through a piece of meadow landscape, crosses th...

Darmbach spring

Darmstadt, Oberjägermeisterteich

The Darmbach spring is located above the Oberjägermeisterteich - the current version dates from 1937. From there the Darmbach flows through the eastern forest areas of the city, feeds the fish ponds along the Schnampelweg, flows from the Vivarium through a piece of meadow landscape, crosses th...

Landmark Or Historical Building Park

Darmstadt‘s science and conference centre was built between 2005 and 2007 based on the plans of Talik Chalabi and Paul Schroeder and integrates parts of the old city walls. The complex offers a climate-friendly environment for conferences and is almost completely run on renewable energies. The...

darmstadtium - Science and Conference Centre

64283 Darmstadt, Schlossgraben 1

Darmstadt‘s science and conference centre was built between 2005 and 2007 based on the plans of Talik Chalabi and Paul Schroeder and integrates parts of the old city walls. The complex offers a climate-friendly environment for conferences and is almost completely run on renewable energies. The...

Event venue Landmark Or Historical Building

The Datterich fountain is located north of the Justus Liebig House on Kleinschmidt-Steg. Special feature: the moving figures! The fountain sculpture originally stood in front of the entrance to the Luisencenter. The fountain is a bronze sculpture consisting of bronze figures standing on a larg...

Datterich-well

64283 Darmstadt, Kleinschmidt-Steg

The Datterich fountain is located north of the Justus Liebig House on Kleinschmidt-Steg. Special feature: the moving figures! The fountain sculpture originally stood in front of the entrance to the Luisencenter. The fountain is a bronze sculpture consisting of bronze figures standing on a larg...

Landmark Or Historical Building

The Dianaburg was built in 1765 as a hunting lodge and was also actively used for this purpose. Gradually, however, the building fell into disrepair as interest in hunting and pleasure palaces waned. Until it was restored in 2004 by an association founded for this purpose, youth groups had use...

Dianaburg

64291 Darmstadt-Arheilgen, Dianaburg

The Dianaburg was built in 1765 as a hunting lodge and was also actively used for this purpose. Gradually, however, the building fell into disrepair as interest in hunting and pleasure palaces waned. Until it was restored in 2004 by an association founded for this purpose, youth groups had use...

Landmark Or Historical Building Park

In the former rail depot, the

Railway Museum Darmstadt-Kranichstein

geschlossen

64291 Darmstadt, Steinstr.7

In the former rail depot, the "Verein Museumbahn" presents over 200 railway vehicles from all stages of rail history. The programme consists of guided tours through the vehicle fleet, a collection of historical signals and points and a model of the Main-Neckar railway. Steam train rides also t...

ArtGallery Landmark Or Historical Building Museum

The

Ernst-Neufert-Bau (Ledigenwohnheim)

64287 Darmstadt, Pützerstr.6

The "Ledigenwohnheim“, a hostel for single people, was built to the plans of Ernst Neufer in 1954/5 and is one of the five completed "Meisterbauten“ on the Mathildenhoehe in Darmstadt. Neufert’s plans were used in a slightly changed form by the "Bauverein“ for working class accomodation. The resu...

Landmark Or Historical Building

Known today as the

Alter Friedhof – the Old Cemetry

jetzt geöffnet (bis 20:00 Uhr)

64285 Darmstadt, Herdweg 105

Known today as the "Alter Friedhof“, Darmstadt’s old cemetry between the Nieder-Ramstaedter-Straße and Herdweg dates back to 1828. Originally rectangular in shape, additions in 1848, 1873 and 1894 have led to its current form. The oldest tombstones are to be found in the northern part of the c...

Landmark Or Historical Building Park

Dreistöckiges Haus, geschwungenes Dach, Eingangstür in Form eines Omegabogen.

Large Glückert House

64287 Darmstadt, Alexandraweg 23

The "Large Glückert House“, designed in 1901 by Joseph Maria Olbrich for the furniture maker Glueckert, served him as an exhibition room until the break-up of the Artists‘ Colony. 

Landmark Or Historical Building

With the opening of the Porcelain Museum in 1908, Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse and by Rhine made the princely family‘s possessions, which had been accumulated over centuries, accessible to the public.One focus is on the ceramic products of the Kelsterbach factory and the Höchst and Franken...

Porcelain Collection of the Grand Duchy of Hessen in Prinz-Georgs Palais

jetzt geöffnet (bis 17:00 Uhr)

64289 Darmstadt, Schlossgartenstr.10

With the opening of the Porcelain Museum in 1908, Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig of Hesse and by Rhine made the princely family‘s possessions, which had been accumulated over centuries, accessible to the public.One focus is on the ceramic products of the Kelsterbach factory and the Höchst and Franken...

ArtGallery Landmark Or Historical Building Museum

When Darmstadt‘s main railway station (Hauptbahnhof) was opened in 1912, it was the first through station in Germany. The building, designed by Friedrich Puetzer, contains many Art Nouveau elements. Artists of the Mathildenhoehe, such as Heinrich Jobst who was responsible for the reliefs over the...

Main Station

64293 Darmstadt, Platz der Deutschen Einheit

When Darmstadt‘s main railway station (Hauptbahnhof) was opened in 1912, it was the first through station in Germany. The building, designed by Friedrich Puetzer, contains many Art Nouveau elements. Artists of the Mathildenhoehe, such as Heinrich Jobst who was responsible for the reliefs over the...

Landmark Or Historical Building

Peter Behrehs, painter and craftsman, built with his first work an architectural monument. For the first exhibition of the Artists‘ Colony in 1901, he designed his own home with complete interior fittings – an example for the

Behrens House

64287 Darmstadt, Alexandraweg 19

Peter Behrehs, painter and craftsman, built with his first work an architectural monument. For the first exhibition of the Artists‘ Colony in 1901, he designed his own home with complete interior fittings – an example for the "Gesamtkunstwerk“ concept (complete work of art) propagated by the J...

Landmark Or Historical Building

In 1902, Olbrich built for Wilhelm Deiters, director of the first exhibition of the Artists‘ Colony, the house with the distinctive corner tower at the east entrance to the Mathildenhoehe. With a surface area of 8.9 by 9.5 metres, Haus Deiters was the smallest of the seven homes which Olbrich ...

Deiter‘s House

64287 Darmstadt, Mathildenhöheweg 2

In 1902, Olbrich built for Wilhelm Deiters, director of the first exhibition of the Artists‘ Colony, the house with the distinctive corner tower at the east entrance to the Mathildenhoehe. With a surface area of 8.9 by 9.5 metres, Haus Deiters was the smallest of the seven homes which Olbrich ...

Landmark Or Historical Building

The neo-classical building, home today to numerous archives, was first opened in 1819 as a court theatre, designed by Georg Moller. With room for almost two thousand spectators, Grand Duke Ludwig 1 wanted to open the opera to a broader public. It has not been used as an opera house since it wa...

House of History

64289 Darmstadt, Karolinenplatz 3

The neo-classical building, home today to numerous archives, was first opened in 1819 as a court theatre, designed by Georg Moller. With room for almost two thousand spectators, Grand Duke Ludwig 1 wanted to open the opera to a broader public. It has not been used as an opera house since it wa...

Landmark Or Historical Building

The House of Industrial Culture (HIK) is temporarily closed. The printing museum is a part of the Hessen state museum in Darmstadt.The printing museum gives an insight into the techniques of type casting, typesetting, and print methods. Numerous still-functioning machines document the transiti...

House of Industrial Heritage

64293 Darmstadt, Kirschenallee 88

The House of Industrial Culture (HIK) is temporarily closed. The printing museum is a part of the Hessen state museum in Darmstadt.The printing museum gives an insight into the techniques of type casting, typesetting, and print methods. Numerous still-functioning machines document the transiti...

ArtGallery Landmark Or Historical Building Museum

House Habich was the residential home with studio of the Darmstadt sculptor Ludwig Habich, designed by Joseph Maria Olbrich for the exhibition in 1901. Destroyed in the war, it was re-built in 1951 in a somewhat simplified manner but in its original basic form.

Habich House

64287 Darmstadt, Alexandraweg 17

House Habich was the residential home with studio of the Darmstadt sculptor Ludwig Habich, designed by Joseph Maria Olbrich for the exhibition in 1901. Destroyed in the war, it was re-built in 1951 in a somewhat simplified manner but in its original basic form.

Landmark Or Historical Building

Links ein kleines Gartentor mit geschwungenem Torbogen, rechts weißes, quaderförmiges Haus mit einem Fries aus blau-weißen Fliesen.

Olbrich House

64287 Darmstadt, Alexandraweg 28

The residence of the architect Olbrich was built in 1901. It was damaged in the second world war and in a much simpler form, re-built in 1950/1. Today, only the blue and white tiles on the facade remind one of the original house. Joseph Maria Olbrich lived here until his premature death in 190...

Landmark Or Historical Building

The villa on the edge of the Mathildenhoehe was built in 1908 for Paul Ostermann, the director of the collection of the grand duchy, by Alfred Messel, the architect of the state museum. The classsical style of the villa bears no relation to the Art Nouveau of the neighbouring Artists‘ Colony. ...

Ostermann House

64287 Darmstadt, Eugen-Bracht-Weg 6

The villa on the edge of the Mathildenhoehe was built in 1908 for Paul Ostermann, the director of the collection of the grand duchy, by Alfred Messel, the architect of the state museum. The classsical style of the villa bears no relation to the Art Nouveau of the neighbouring Artists‘ Colony. ...

Landmark Or Historical Building

Initially laid out as a large vegetable garden, the Herrngarten became a baroque pleasure garden in the 17th century und later, in the 18th century under Countess Caroline, an English-style park. To the north-east, it borders on Prinz-Georgs-Garten, a Rococo-style complex in which fruit and veget...

Herrngarten

Initially laid out as a large vegetable garden, the Herrngarten became a baroque pleasure garden in the 17th century und later, in the 18th century under Countess Caroline, an English-style park. To the north-east, it borders on Prinz-Georgs-Garten, a Rococo-style complex in which fruit and veget...

Civic Structure Landmark Or Historical Building Park

A wall with history

A side entrance to the old Darmstadt prison on the Erich Ollenhauer Promenade was restored by the Darmstadt Technical University in accordance with the preservation order and now invites visitors to linger. Built in 1834 as the Grand Ducal Provincial Detention Centre, the bui...

Historical city- and prison wall

64283 Darmstadt, Erich-Ollenhauer-Promenade

A wall with history A side entrance to the old Darmstadt prison on the Erich Ollenhauer Promenade was restored by the Darmstadt Technical University in accordance with the preservation order and now invites visitors to linger. Built in 1834 as the Grand Ducal Provincial Detention Centre, the bui...

Landmark Or Historical Building

Die obere Hälfte des Hochzeitsturms ist über Dächer und Baumwipfel vor einem blauen Himmel mit großen weißen Wolken sichtbar. Die Spitze des Turms hat die Form von fünf Fingern einer ausgestreckten Hand.

Wedding Tower

geschlossen

64287 Darmstadt, Olbrichweg 13

The tower with its distinctive spire, which looks like the five fingers of a hand, was a gift from the city of Darmstadt for the wedding of Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig to Princess Eleonore von Solms-Hohensolms-Lich in 1905.

Landmark Or Historical Building Monument

St. Ludwig’s Church was built in 1827, the first catholic church after the reformation in protestant Darmstadt. The architect Georg Moller modelled the church on the Pantheon in Rome. Mathilde, the only catholic grand duchess, was buried here. The interior of the church was refurbished to the pla...

Church of St. Ludwig

geschlossen

64283 Darmstadt, Wilhelminenplatz 9

St. Ludwig’s Church was built in 1827, the first catholic church after the reformation in protestant Darmstadt. The architect Georg Moller modelled the church on the Pantheon in Rome. Mathilde, the only catholic grand duchess, was buried here. The interior of the church was refurbished to the pla...

Church Civic Structure Landmark Or Historical Building

Innenhof des Jagdschloss Kranichstein, eine Wiese die an beiden Seiten von Bäumen gesäumt ist. In der Mitte der Barocke Hauptflügel des Jagdschlosss Kranichstein.

Kranichstein Hunting Lodge

64289 Darmstadt, Kranichsteiner Str.261

The Kranichstein Hunting Lodge, built around 1580, with its idyllic castle park lies within a picturesque hunting landscape with forests, meadows and ponds. Artfully designed aisles, hunting lodges, drinking booths as well as corridors and natural monuments document 400 years of princely hunti...

Landmark Or Historical Building

Blick von der Galerie auf das Schwimmbecken, links und rechts auf der Galerie sind die historischen Umkleidekabinen in roter Farbe zu sehen, das Becken leuchtet blau, die Säulen um das Becken sind mit dunkelblauen glänzenden Kacheln gefliest.

Art Nouveau Bath

jetzt geöffnet (bis 22:00 Uhr)

64287 Darmstadt, Mercksplatz 1

Built as the "Darmstädter Stadtbad" between 1907-1909 in the Art Nouveau era, the baths offered separate swimming halls for women and men as well as baths and showers for those sections of the population who did not have a bathroom.

Landmark Or Historical Building PublicSwimmingPool Thermal bath

Das kleine Haus Glückert hat ein gewölbtes Tonnendach, die Fassade hat keine Verzierungen sondern ist nur weiß. Zur Straßenseite ein kleiner Vorbau, mit zwei Fenstern im 2. Stock.

Small Glückert House

64287 Darmstadt, Alexandraweg 25

Olbrich had actually designed the house in 1901 for the sculptor Rudolf Bosselt, one of the first seven artists of the Artists‘ Colony, who was however unable to finance its completion. The furniture maker Julius Glueckert took over responsibility for the building in addition to his exhibition...

Landmark Or Historical Building